Teddy at 8 Months
HOLY CATS. How is this sweet little boy of mine already 2/3rds of the way done with his first year of life?! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! I just had him yesterday!!!
But man. Teddy is such a sweet little guy and seriously the happiest, most chill babe EVER. I cannot believe we've had 8 whole months with him already and I am so looking forward to what the rest of his first year has in store!
Ted turned 34 weeks old this past Monday...and it's so wild to look at this collage and see how much he's changed from week 1! Gosh that chunky meatball is growing up so fast!
He is truly a giant. His thighs are deliciously massive and I love every single part of him!
Obviously I've been going snap-happy with his monthly milestone pics ^^^ haha! Rosie and Annie had to jump in for a few at the end too :)
We don't go back to the doc until mid August for his 9 month checkup, so just some of my mom stats for ya :)
And oh boy did I have a fun time writing about Teddy at 8 months! He has gotten so big I just cannot handle it!!
- Teddy bear weighs 21 pounds and 9 ounces and I'm guessing is 29 or 29.5 inches long. Only Rosie has him beat on size at 8 months old and methinks he'll pass her up! He was our smallest babe at birth yet biggest little meatball!
- Ted wears a range of clothes sizes, some 12 month still, a lot of 12-18 months, and then some 18 month in there too. He really is a big dude and I'm guessing will be well into 2T stuff (some that Annie can still fit in! HAHA!) by his first birthday. GAH! going too fast!
- This kid will eat anything! Just like his big brother. And minus avocados (he doesn't seem to like those), he will eat nearly everything put in front of him! He loves having grapes and bananas and strawberries and such in his little silicone feeder thingies while I'm getting his real food ready. We've still be doing a combo of baby led weaning and giving him big food we're eating and then jars/pouches of baby food too.
- Still a rockstar sleeper. Teddy takes one nap a day, usually like 12:30 - 3:30pm and then goes down for bed around 7:30ish and usually sleeps till 8 or 8:30 the next morning. He is truly such a little gem sleeper and we could not be any more happy with how much that boy loves to sleep! He wakes up so happy and in such a great mood and rarely cries when he gets up...so that's nice. He appreciates our love for waking up calming and not screaming. haha!
- His favorite pasttime continues to be nursing! That boy loves to eat and loves to eat from the source it seems. I have no clue how long he'll keep it up, but since he's my last babe I'm committed to going as long as he wants to! Would love to ditch pumping at some point after a year, but nursing I'll do as long as he wants to!
- Ted man is still an avid thumb sucker! Unlike his siblings who went back and forth with their thumbs, Ted totally prefers to suck on just his left thumb. If he's tired or upset, in the thumb goes into his mouth!
- Is totally a master of sitting up! He's perfected this skill (my favorite milestone!!) and seems to be oh-so-content with just sitting up and playing with whatever toys we throw in front of him. I know we're on borrowed time with this cause he'll start rolling over and wiggling and eventually crawling before I know it!
- Teddy has shown us he'll stand if we stand him up and lean him against something...so that is a fun little milestone for him! He is not pulling up or anything on his own or anything -- but he will stand for a bit if we place him against something.
- He's got this rouge face rash that comes and goes and we totally cannot figure out what triggers it! Heat? Spit? Food? I swear we've paid attention to everything that might 'trigger' it to show up and just when we think we know what causes it that'll happen and no rash so that theory is out the window. So that's been fun. We've found some creams that work well on getting it to go down so we've been using that a lot to keep it happy once it flares up again. You can see it even in some of the pics from above! What's wild is it was gone a few hours later after I took these. HAHA!
- Loves to play with his toys, sit in his jumper/bouncy thingy, watch Baby Einstein or Seasme Street or any other kid show. He loves to swim (read: sit in his floatie), ride in the stroller or Tula, go over to NeeNee's and Gramps' to play...I mean, he's basically the chillest, easy going kid EVER!
- Absolutely adores his big siblings and loves loves loves them more than anything! He searches for them from the moment he gets up till the moment he falls asleep and I feel like they are the ones who can get the best, most genuine smiles out of him.
- Nicknames still include: Ted, Tedster, Mister Tedster, Mister, Mister Man, Mister T, Tedward, Ted Bed, Ted Man, Teddy Bear, Bug, Teddy Graham...I'm sure there are others I can't think of...but that's what Iv'e got for now!
And now for the best part: comparison snappies! YAY!
And my favorite one, all of the burritos at 8 months old!
Welp friends. That's all I've got for 2/3rds of a year old Ted for ya! Here's to a wonderful month 9 ahead of him and hopefully oodles of more milestones and fun things to experience coming his way!!