Teddy at 1 Month
In MASSIVE DENIAL that here we are -- one month in. Teddy is officially ONE MONTH OLD today and I cannot CANNOT freaking believe it!! I swear I just had him yesterday. It seriously is flying by...and I know I said this would happen in my bumpdates and yep. It totally is.
I am doing weekly snaps of Teddy just like I did with Annie so those have been fun to capture...cannot believe he was 4 weeks old on Monday! INSANE!
I LOOOOVE the rainbow backdrop for his weekly snaps! And doing just a cloth diaper too (I think I have 52 different ones so no repeats?! haha we'll see!) so we can see how deliciously chunky he gets this next year! But boy does he EVER look like Patrick! HAHA!
And for his monthly pics the amazing Swanky Shank made these custom monthly onesies for him (no monthly sticker to rip off as he gets older WOOT!) and they are just PERFECT!
Okay! So mom stats! We don't go for his 1 month checkup until next week so just some mom stats to hold you over until then :)
- Teddy weighs 10 pounds even (haha Patrick's weight at birth!) and no clue on length, probably around 21 or 21.5 inches or so would be my guess. He's still in a few newborn outfits but mostly in 0-3 month clothes. 3 month size are still HUGE on him. And definitely needs to go into size 1 disposables when we use those but we're trying to use up the last of the newborn disposables we have before moving up.
- He sleeps ALLLLL DAY LONG. Which I couldn't remember the other ones doing but reading over Annie's 1 month post sure looks like she did that too which now makes me feel better. I do feel like he's got more awake time now than he did a few weeks ago, but seriously, dude is OUT all of the time!
- Speaking of sleep, just like all 3 of his big siblings, he likes to sleep flat on his back (in his bassinet) with his arms out and bottom half swaddled up in a blanket. We tried completely swaddling him like he was in the NICU for a few days and NOPE. Sleeps better having those arms flying free!
- As far as sleep goes, he gives us usually a good 3ish hour stretch before waking up to eat again. So usually I head to bed around 10pm, Mike feeds him his one bottle of the day, and he's up again to eat around 1am and 4am before everyone gets up at 7am...so usually I'm waking up twice a night, which really isn't bad. I don't feel tired or sleep deprived AT ALL. He eats for about 10ish minutes or so then back to bed!
- Is an excellent nurser. No issues there -- clearly gaining weight and is an efficient eater eating pretty fast! Will take a bottle from dad and PRAYING that keeps up. Trying to give him one a day to make sure he doesn't stop taking them.
- Teddy is a GRUNTER! And looking back at his sisters' posts, they were too! So this is not surprising. Annie got booted from our room at like 2 weeks old and I'd do the same with Teddy but his room he'll share with Patrick and I can't do that to him yet. Haha! I have learned to tune out his grunts so that helps. But man, that kid is loud!
- Ted is a SUPER CHILL baby. Rarely cries (just grunts a lot. haha!) and just is so content and happy. Reminds me very much of the bigger kids and their demeanors!
- Is a snuggly little guy and loves to be held! Which I'm not complaining -- I could snuggle with him allll day long! His big brother and sisters are just obsessed with him and it makes my mama heart so happy to see them loving up on their little brother so much!
- Is having his ear reshaped. His right ear was all wonky and folded (probably from having his hand on it in utero) and we decided to go get it straightened out...so for the past week he's had a mold in it and it taped down to hopefully straighten it out! It comes off Monday so we'll see if he needs to have another one put on or if this one did the job!
- Takes a pacifier! OMG. This is huge. I tried with the other 3 SO HARD and nope. None of them would take it. All are thumb suckers. But Teddy, he's got the paci thing down! Probably from them pushing it in the NICU but yeah, super nice to have him take that. He doesn't need it a lot, because like I said he's super chill, but it's nice to be able to give it to him if he needs it.
- Has some nicknames already! Clearly Teddy, but also Ted, Tedward (the big kids love calling him this), Teddy Bear, Ted Man, and mister Theodore are just a few we've called him.
- Is pretty much Patrick's clone which is CRAZY cause I feel like the girls looked NOTHING alike but man, Teddy looks SO MUCH like Patrick did as a baby it's crazy! And awesome. It's like 6.5 year old Patrick is holding himself as a baby!!
So that's about all of the fun facts at 1 month for Ted Man I can think of!! And for your viewing pleasure, some comparison snaps! Teddy just born and at one month...
And my favorite, all my with us now Mooney babes at 1 month old! GAH!
That's about all I've got for his one month update...I'll have another funsie little one after his checkup next week. Oh Ted, we love you SO MUCH dude! Please stop growing so fast though and let us savor this last baby goodness forever and ever!! Until 2 months, adios!
Patrick never got monthly blogged till 9 months. Oops.