Annie at 1 Month
I seriously CANNOT believe it. Annie is ONE MONTH OLD today. It's the last day of the month which means girlfriend is a month older. DANG. That went incredibly fast. TOO fast for my liking.
I'm really loving the background I chose for Annie's weekly pics -- especially that it's a blanket and I can take it with us in case we're not in town (ahem on vacay!) for her weekly picture. So smart of me, huh?!!
Later this week we have her one month checkup at the doc so all of those good stats and fun will be a'comin' at you later this week. Until then, you're left with my lovely mom stats.
- Annie weighs 11 pounds and no clue how long. Maybe 22 or 23 inches? She's wearing mostly 0-3 and 3 month clothes -- she seems a bit smaller than her big sister was at this age.
- Annie sleeps ALL DAY LONG. Seriously. I don't remember either of the older two kids sleeping THIS MUCH even as newborns. But girlfriend LOVES to sleep. As far as nights go, we just recently figured out what works for her. For the first couple weeks we were trying her in the Dockatot (or a few times in the Rock and Play) and she wasn't really feeling it. She'd wake up 2 (sometimes 3) hours after putting her down and then after I fed her and tried to put her down again she wasn't having it. Late last week I decided to ditch the Dockatot and just let her sleep on the flat pack and play and BAM -- she gave us her best stretch of sleep yet; only waking up twice in 12 hours! I guess girlfriend is like her older sister and wants a flat surface to snooze on...so that she will get! She's even taken a few afternoon siestas in her big crib in her room too! She does sometimes take a wittle bit to fall back asleep -- girlfriend really likes to snuggle and cuddle.
- Keeping with true Mooney fashion, she hates the swaddle and having her arms tied down, sooooo, we don't swaddle her and she sleeps just fine with her wings floppin' around wherever they want to go.
- Honestly, I think she is a tummy sleeper (I'll let her take tummy naps during the day and OMG she sleeps SO LONG and like a dream!!!) but I'm too chicken to let her sleep like that all night long. Hopefully she'll roll over sooner than later and get to her belly on her own! But tummy or back she wants a flat surface.
- She is a cuddly little thing, much like her big sister! She loves to be held (and probably would 24/7 if we let her!) and snuggled on. She loves to nurse and get her mama's milk straight from the source; however, we have been giving her one bottle a day so Mike can feed her and she's use to taking a bottle too.
- As I was looking back on Rosie's 1 month post I saw that I noted how much of a grunter Rosie was. Um, Annie most definitely is too and totally rivals Rosie in that regard! SHE IS SO LOUD! And we've learned to kinda ignore her grunts and noises until she's full on screaming, cause most of the time she's just making noises and nothing is really wrong.
- Girlfriend has some serious gas -- gas drops have been her friend, and they don't seem to bother her (the gas doesn't either) but gahhh! She'll grunt and push and turn herself almost purple to get out a fart! It's kinda funny...cause when she does she feels sooooo relieved. Ha.
- Minus some really REALLY good luck with Annie's newborn snaps, she hasn't really smiled at all...I'm sure that's coming soon. Her facial expressions are the best though and she's got the RB face down PAT.
Ahhhh, now my favorite part -- comparison and progression pics! You know I'm a sucker for these.
Here's just born Annie and Annie at one month old! My oh my how she's grown already!
And lastly, I'll leave you with this gem of all three kids at one month old. They all look so pissed off, don't they?!! Hehehe. I still think Annie and Patrick look soooo much alike!
Until two months (which I'm sure will go as lightning fast as this one did), adios!