The Easiest and Best Tasting Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Per my buddy Tiff's request, I decided to do a super quick blog post with the recipe for the easiest and best tasting banana chocolate chip muffins you'll eat. Seriously. And I say they're healthy cause there's only 4 ingredients. I could be wrong about this, but whatever. They taste amazing.
So, here's the recipe: nice and simple. Double or triple for bigger batches and/or to make a loaf of bread instead of cupcakes/muffins.
What you'll need:
- 4-5 overripe bananas (hint: when bananas go bad in our house, I toss them in the freezer until I'm ready to make this recipe--you can then set them out for a few hours to thaw or pop them in the microwave for a couple minutes to thaw them)
- 1 egg
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips (or whatever type of chips tickle your fancy...I always use Hershey's milk chocolate chips)
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
1. preheat your oven to 375' F
2. peel all of the bananas and blend them all together with a mixer until they're creamy/runny (like banana soup)
3. add the cake mix and egg, mix until combined
4. add the chocolate chips until combined
5. scoop mixture into cupcake tin (use cupcake liners OR spray (really good!) the pan before adding mixture)
6. bake on 375' for 15ish minutes (I actually never know exactly how long they take to bake...I just kind of watch them and when the tops start to darken and I shove a toothpick in and it comes out clean, I know they're done!)
7. let cool on a cooling rack for .5 seconds before your devour your "test" muffin
8. serve warm or at room temperature--they're delicious at either! (hint: I sometimes nuke room temp muffins in the microwave for 20 seconds to get them hot and that "out of the oven" warmness again)
Let me know if you make these deliciousness and how you like them! I swear you won't be disappointed...as long as you love bananas and chocolate!