Annie at 2 Months
Annie is TWO whole months old and I swear I blinked and BAM. 8 weeks have passed instantly and our littlest lady is two months old. I cannot believe it, because time is going by at lightning speed faster than it did with Rosie and even my pregnancy with Annie!
I'm keeping with my weekly snaps of Annie (much like I did with Rosie) over on Instagram (I keep all of her growth pics tagged with #growAnnieMgrow) and adding another challenge to the mix: having Annie wearing a different June & January outfit for all 52 weeks of the year! So far I'm 8 for 8 being 8 weeks in...so here's hoping it continues to go well and I get creative with the J&J outfits so I don't have any repeats! Haha! I do love these weekly snaps though and watching little miss Annie grow and grow!
Last week I decided to post this pic:
And I added text this time so as not to freak out anyone that it was a pregnancy announcement! NOPE NOPE NOPE. Just a comparison pic (you know I'm a sucker for those!) of Annie at 7 weeks in (jelly bean!) and 7 weeks out. She's grown a little bit, you think?!
We have Annie's 2 month checkup next Tuesday, but until then here are some fun mom stats for you of our littlest gal at 2 whole months old!
- Annie weighs 13lbs 2oz and I'm guessing is around 23 or 23.5 inches long. She is a big girl but definitely not as big as her sister or brother at 2 months! She's our little peanut :)
- Annie banannie wears all 6 month clothes. Her 0-6 June & January clothes still fit (woot!) but are getting snug (minus the hoodie jumpers, those run big thankfully!) so I'll probably have to get some 6-12 month stuff soon too so she's got some cute stuff to wear this summer. She definitely is the petite one of the kids at 2 months old; not nearly as big as Patrick and Rosie were at this age (they were both nearly 15 pounds!!).
- Started sleeping longer stretches a week or so ago (she was consistently giving a 5-6 hour stretch off the bat then 3-4 hour ones after that) and it's been glorious! She's been doing now a 6-8 hour stretch off the bat, eats for 10 minutes then goes right back to sleep and then sleeps another 3.5-5 hour stretch after that before she wakes up for the day. We put her down about 8-8:30pm (same as the big kids) and she gets up for the day around 9am (same as the big kids too) after 2 wake ups in that span to eat...so it's been really nice keeping her on the same schedule. Knock on wood that continues...or gets even better and she drops a feeding!!
- Annie is in her crib! She's been in her own room and bed since 4 weeks old (right after her 1 month post we moved her!) and it's been AMAZING. She hated the Dockatot (who knew?!) and loves her flat crib...so we went with it. Like her older siblings she's a great sleeper. We put her down in her crib for one nap a day at the same time as Rosie and she'll usually sleep a good 2-3 hours. She dozes off other times during the day as well but, keeping with what's worked with the past 2 kiddos, I'm conditioning her from the get-go to take ONE nap a day IN HER BED. So far so good!
- She sleeps on her side or back now (we usually lay her down on her side and she rolls to her back when she falls asleep) and seems happy and content that way. She use to nap on her tummy but seems to be happy on her back for now so we just keep her on her back all of the time! She's not swaddled; just wears footie jammies to bed and a sleep sack to keep her warm. She's an easy-going sleeper.
- Much like her older sister, she started really smiling the past week or so. She doesn't offer a smile much, but when she does it's dimple-filled and oh-so-cute! I cannot handle when they start smiling...it truly is THE BEST.
- Had her first cold? runny nose? sniffles? Not sure what you'd call it at 2 months old but the Nose Frida and her have become besties and SO MUCH SNOT has come out. Nothing else seems to be bothering her (although she did have a few shorter stretches of nighttime sleep because of it) so hopefully it'll be on its way out SOON.
- Has completely stopped grunting and no longer needs gas drops when she eats. She grew out of that shortly after a month. She (knocking on wood as I type this!) has spit up maybe twice EVER so she isn't a fan of retching up her meals which is LOVELY because we have almost no use for burp cloths and don't have many clothing changes a day (hers or mine) so yay for that.
- Annie wears cloth diapers (Applecheeks size 1s) during the day and size 2 disposables at night. She switched over to size 2 sposies when she hit 12.5 pounds around 7 weeks old. Sposies are just easier at night and once she starts sleeping 12 hour stretches I'll put her in the fitted overnight cloth diapers instead...but since we only have 4 of those we don't have enough for her to use overnight right now...so sposies at night it is until then!
- Still loves to be held but in the past week or so has been A LOT better about being set down and not freaking out and immediately crying when she is set down...so that's been nice. She still would prefer to be held or carried (much like her big sister) which is fine cause I love the cuddles and snuggles, but at least you can set her down for a bit before she starts fussing and wants to be picked up now.
- REFUSES to take a bottle. She was getting 1 bottle a day from birth but a week or two ago this stopped and she WILL NOT TAKE ONE. She acts like you are shoving your fingers down her throat and screams and cries and wants nothing of it, so that's been fun. She wants it from the source and from her mama. We've tried different bottles and me being gone but she doesn't seem to care, she won't take it unless it's from mama's boobs.
- Holds her head up like a champ! Much like her big sis at this age, she's great at supporting her head and neck and keeping it upright!
- Very much likes to be worn in the Tula or ring sling. Being the third kid she gets a lot of rides in these and seems to be happy as can be in there and usually falls asleep pretty quickly once she's in there. If she's ever needing to be settled down in the Tula she goes and BAM. Instant calm. Seriously, if you're a mom and don't have one GET ONE.
- Annie has some dark duck fuzz brown hair on her head and dark blue eyes...I'm guessing her hair will lighten up a bit when it comes in and be a dark blonde like Rosie's and I bet her eyes will change to darker too eventually...but for now I'm loving her little features and colorings of her eyes and hair!
Okie dokie, your (mine) favorite part: comparison pics! Here's Annie at just born, 1 and 2 months old.
Andddddd (my favorite!) here's all three kiddos at 2 months old! My oh my how similarly different they are, aren't they?!
That's all I've got for Annie's 2 month post! I cannot believe she's 1/6th of a way to a year old! It's going wayyyyyy too fast again! I can't handle it! We love you so much Annie girl! Until 3 months friends, adios!