Today was crazy.  And not.  I feel like we didn't do much but we were go-go-go all day long!  Funny how that happens, isn't it?!?

Anyways, today was my last (!!!) day of STEAM camp and I did have a good time but I am SO HAPPY to finally have summer and NO SCHOOL COMMITMENT for the foreseeable future! I COULD SCREAM!  Seriously, so happy!

The big kiddos had their last day of camp this week (they still have 2 weeks left!) and I picked them up and we came home for some lunch with Annie (who had just gotten back from a morning at NeeNee's) and then everyone went down for a siesta!  I laid down on the couch for just a second and BAM!  45 minute nap happened! HAHA!  It felt so good though; this week had worn me out!

I snapped some post nap pics in front of our favorite "Goose" window -- golly I just love the afternoon glow and light that comes through there!  And I love how the kids love to play in front of it!

So after we all got up Mike was going to meet KiKi halfway with the kids for dinner and to hand off the big kiddos, since they are spending the weekend at the lake doing 4th of July festivities.  He headed out and I was literally justttt about to walk out the door to go to my photo shoot when the tornado sirens went off!  I looked outside and it was like pitch black!  I then checked the radar -- ruh-ro.  We were not getting in this shoot tonight.

I text the family and we both were shocked by this storm that sprung up (cause I looked earlier and there was NO rain on the radar!!) but decided to forgo pics and reschedule.

So I found myself home alone with storm mode Scooter ^^ -- a true rarity!  It looked like the brunt of the bad storm was going to miss Kirkwood, so I decided to run a few kidless errands: Walgreens, the bank, my mom's house (Purple Bunny got left there last night!), and the grocery store.  In less than an hour I was SO productive in my errands -- amazing what I can get done sans kids, huh?!?!

I got home and about 20 minutes later Mike and Annie got home too!  She had a quick snack then bath time...and since I didn't get to do my photo shoot tonight, I had the clickin' itch, so bath photos it was!

I swear Annie was not wanting a solo bath tonight (missing her older siblings I think!), so I grabbed the next best thing and tossed him in to play with her.  Golly she loves that dog SO MUCH!

Yeah, she had a great bath time with her Scoots.  Mike headed off to work early to get caught up on reports, and I have a rare quiet house and sleeping dog next to me with no more photos to edit! HAHA! I think I'm going to call it a night early and turn in -- this week has been exhausting and I have a full weekend of snappin' ahead of me (in the scorching hot heat!!) that I should get some ZZZs for.

Anyways, hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!!

Popular Posts