Annie at 2.5 Years Old
I cannot believe this little sass bucket is TWO AND A HALF TODAY! Seriously, TWO AND A HALF! And at this point with the bigger kids I was elbow deep in baby life with another kiddo and it feels weird to not be there right now with Annie.
GAHHHH! I seriously cannot believe she's 2.5! Tomorrow she'll officially be closer to 3 than 2 and I truly just cannot CANNOT believe it!
We had a fun little 2.5 celebration for her at our pool party this morning (thanks mom for organizing it!) and I think she enjoyed herself A LOT.
I did a 2.5 year post for both Patrick and Rosie (linked below for ya!) so figured I'd keep with tradition and do one for Annie girl too!!
No formal 2.5 year photoshoot, just some random photo dumps of some of my favorite recent pics of our youngest, best side-eyein' sassy gal!
And, keeping with tradition, I've got some fun mom stats for ya for Annie at 2.5! We don't have another formal checkup at the doc until she's 3, so for now you get to live by my wonderful little update. Aren't you excited?!??!
- Ballparking these stats, but I think Annie weighs around 29 pounds and is about 34 or 35 inches tall. She's a petite little thing compared to her big siblings at this age!
- She still is rockin' mostly 2T (and a few 3T) clothes...she definitely has room to grow in a lot of them and I think we'll be in that size through the end of the year. She's our first kid to actually wear age-appropriate clothes which is so funny cause a lot of the clothes she's wearing Rosie wore WHEN SHE WAS ONE. HAHA!
- Annie still has teeny tiny feet: she wears a 5 but recently I've gotten her a few new shoes in a 6 and they are still a smidgen big but hopefully she'll be into that size by the end of the summer. Itty bitty baby feet she's got!
- I posted about this on her 2 year post but goodness she is SO GOOD with talking. Like infinitely better than I remember either of the bigger kids being at this age. Her vocabulary is extensive, talks in sentences, and I'd say about 90% of the time you know exactly what she's saying! With that said, she can be SO QUIET and shy when she's around someone she doesn't know...so she'll clam up and not say much. She definitely has a bit of stranger danger going on (which isn't necessarily a bad thing!)
- Got her ears pierced!! She absolutely loves having them pierced, doesn't mess with them at all, and shows them off to everyone and promptly tells them they are 'white and blue flowers.'
- Moved into a big girl bed a few weeks ago and it has gone seamlessly! Much like it went with her big bro and sis, it's like no big deal she's 'not caged' anymore in her crib! Hoping it makes the transition into sharing a room with her older sister later this fall just as easy.
- Also much like her older siblings, she LOVES her iPad. She can navigate that thing better than most adults I think and loves getting to watch it for a bit when she wakes up in the morning. YouTube kids is her favorite and she loves watching her iPad with her purple kitty ears headphones.
- Will start a 2s "parents day out" program three days a week for half days (don't even get me started on how she didn't get in to 2s preschool where Rosie went AND that we weren't even notified that she was waitlisted...I had to contact them to find out MONTHS later. UGH. Still salty and peeved about that) and I hope she'll really like it and enjoy getting to meet some new kiddos and have some 'school' time!
- Annie is 100% ready to potty train. I am just trying to find the time to do it! She constantly asks to wear undies and to sit on the potty...yet still enjoys going pee and poop in her diaper! HAHA! But I think she's more than ready and I am HOPING the potty training process goes as smoothly and easily as the bigger kids did. Fingers crossed on that and you know I'll be reporting with her potty training diaries as soon as we start!
- Will be starting dance class in another month -- she'll be doing the same dance class as Rosie did this past year! She is SO EXCITED and I cannot wait for her to dance with Ro...fortunately schedule-wise they'll both be going at the same time! WOOT!
- Is super excited to be a big sister to a baby here on earth with us in less than 14 weeks! She keeps talking about the new baby (convinced it's a boy currently) and wanting to hold him/her and help feed him/her and all of that. I am so excited for her to be a bit older and be able to experience that like the big kids did with her!
- Still naps once a day, usually from 1-3/4pm and typically sleeps from 8pm - 8am. Is an AMAZING sleeper! And very much still a thumb sucker...usually when she's tired or holding Purple Bunny! She is very attached to Purple Bunny and doesn't like letting him out of her sight -- she's got reserve Purple Bunnies at all of the grandparents' houses and KiKi's and we have a backup one here for when original Purple Bunny needs a bath.
- Has taken a few solo trips to KiKi's lake and absolutely LOVES IT! Asks to go there all of the time and truly loves spending time with KiKi and being spoiled by her!
- Loves going to Six Flags with daddy and riding the Log Flume! Also loves to go to the park, play on her scooter, go for walks, and SWIM! Is very much a little fish and has ZERO FEAR of water!!
- Is truly a very happy little chickadee! Can get into a sassy mood (much like her older sister) and truly not much bribing gets her to change her mind (holy determined!!) but overall is a happy little lady.
Welp, that's about all I've got for Annie at 2.5! Oh my goodness sweet girl, you are growing up SO FAST! I cannot believe it! But you are a hoot and just the sweetest little lady and I cannot wait to see what the rest of the year hold for you! Love you so big Annie!