Chocolate Chip Cookies
I debated even sharing this recipe since it's my super secret recipe that I've had for YEARS and feel like I've perfected, but I'm feeling generous today so share away I am!
I want to add that the kicker for these is MILK chocolate chips. Don't use semi-sweet (you'll thank me later) -- use milk chocolate. So delish.
Okay! So here's my recipe...modify if you must (I recommend you not because this one is pretty awesome just the way it is).
What you'll need:
- Mixer (I use my Kitchen-Aid one)
- 2 baking sheets
- cooling rack
- Kitchen-Aid cookie scoop
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2-3 cups of flour
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
How to make these yummy cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Soften butter if needed (microwave for like 30 seconds) and combine in mixer with brown sugar, regular sugar, and vanilla
- Add eggs, mix till combined
- Add salt, baking soda, and flour (hint: I never EVER measure out the flour -- I just kind of eye-ball it, meaning I add a bit, mix, add some more, mix, etc... until I get the consistency where the dough is thicker and shapable and doesn't stick to anything
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until combined
- Use this guy to scoop out the dough into perfect cookie balls and place in rows on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Place full cookie sheets in the oven for approximately 5 minutes; check the cookies and switch them racks, and watch for another 3-4 minutes until they are just starting to get golden brown on top
- Take out of the oven and use a spatula to move them onto a cooling rack...let them cool for .2 seconds and then DEVOUR!
That's it! As always, if you make these and enjoy them, let me know!! :)