Annie at 18 Months
Annie girl is officially 18 months old today AND had her 18 month checkup too! BIG DAY!
I was reading Rosie's 18 month post and while there are a lot of similarities, my oh my how many differences there are! Mainly that I touted about what a diva Rosie was...Annie, well, not so much! She's just Annie!
Annie had a great checkup overall and is hitting all of her milestones (now that she's finally walking!) and our doc was super impressed with her growth and such at 18 months.
Now, your favorite part: 18 month mom stats! SO EXCITING!
- Annie weights 25 pounds and 10.8 ounces...our petite little lady!
- Annie stands 31.5 inches tall...and is in the 41st percentile for height! Definitely our little lady -- the other two were always in the 90+ percentiles at this point! HAHA!
- Annie wears primarily 18-24 month clothes with some 24 month/2T clothes sprinkled in. She's definitely our most 'true to size' kiddo and although she's a good size little lady, definitely not off of the charts like her big brother and sister were! We are getting a lot of use out of clothes (still!!) that Rosie blew through and barely wore!
- Girlfriend is an avid thumb sucker much like her older siblings. Whenever she's tired, in goes the thumb!!
- Probably the pickiest eater of the Mooney kids thus far, but not saying much cause she still will eat a LOT of things. But she's got favorites: loves milk (and chocolate milk), bananas, eggs, yogurt, cereal (Lucky Charms OBSESSED), french fries, hot dogs, potato salad, mac & cheese...and so much more! Really isn't a big fan of veggies, but does like fruit, especially strawberries.
- Annie is FINALLLLLLLLY walking!! A few days after she turned 17 months old something clicked and she has taken off...and hasn't slowed down since! Girlfriend is on the move and is EVERYWHEREEEEE. Each and every day her unstable walk gets more and more stable and off she goes!
- She is SO talkative. And she has SO MANY words -- she understands everything and will repeat almost anything! And most of the time you can understand what she is saying. She's very good with saying please and thank you, asking for cereal or milk, saying Scooter, Papi (Patrick), and Rooooooseeeeeey, and a billion other things. She knows exactly what she wants and how to ask for it to get it. I think Ro was talkative at 18 months but Annie seems to be even more so! I'm sure she's gonna be a chatterbox just like her big sister.
- Still just a couple nicknames for Annie: Annie girl and Annie banannie are the most common and most used! Patrick called her "Annie-ana Jones" the other night and that was freaking adorable!
- Loves her 'iPad' (what she calls her little iPhone) and loves to play around on it, carry it around, pretend to talk on it, and watch YouTube kids! Especially loves the Baby Shark videos :) I'm sure she's gonna be a little techie just like her big siblings...and mama :)
- Still the BEST Mooney sleeper. Goes down without a peep around 7:30/8 every night and sleeps until 7:30/8 the next morning! She is a rockstar. Takes one nap a day, usually from about 1pm - 4pm and is the happiest little lady when she wakes up. We are probably going to put her in a big girl bed in the big kids' room shortly before #4 comes...so hopefully she'll do just as well with that as Rosie did.
- Completely obsessed with Scooter and LOOOOVES to go up to him to give him kisses (aka letting him lick all over her face!!) and it is the cutest thing EVER cause we know Scoots loves to lick any and everything that is put in front of him.
- Patrick and Rosie LOOOOOVE their little sister so much and LOVE playing with her SO MUCH...especially Patrick. He is the best and most loving big brother and he is so SO good with Annie!!
- Is completely OBSESSED with swimming and going underwater. Is a master at holding her breath and could seriously swim all day long. We really need to get her in actual swim lessons! HAHA!
- Has a lovie! Purple Bunny is her BFF and she does not like napping or sleeping without him! She always has him curled up against her and it really is the cutest thing EVER.
- Still rockin' 12 teeth and waiting for those fang ones to pop through on the top and bottom! I'm guessing they will be soon-ish since she is back to putting everything in her mouth and chewing on things!
- Likes to bite. YIKES. If anything gets in her mouth (like a rouge finger!) or if she wants you to move, SHE WILL BITE YOU. HARD. She's drawn blood on more than one victim so we are trying to work with her on NOT biting things...but easier said than done with an 18 month old! HAHA!
- Ditched her high chair! Eats her meals at the little table in the kitchen with the big kids and absolutely LOVES it. She is such a big girl now and I cannot believe we are officially closer to 2 than 1! GAH! Time is flying!!!
Welp, that's all I've got for our sweet little Annie girl at 18 months old! I cannot believe she's on the downhill slide of 1 heading towards TWO! Next update will be when she is TWO and about a month before she becomes a big sister! SO EXCITING!
Oh, and here are a few 18 month comparison pics of Patrick, Rosie and Annie. ENJOY1
Until 2 years old, keep growin' and doin' you, Annie girl!